- Circulation/readers are provided to keep the library patrons in the use of information resources and facilities. It includes services such as lending and retrieving of books, assisting in literature search, locating books, shelving, recalling books that were checked out.
REFERENCE BOOK SERVICES
- Reference Book Services will ensure that every student in the class has a fair chance to borrow and read books to prepare his/her assignment.
LIBRARY ORIENTATION AND INSTRUCTION SERVICES
- Library orientation and instruction services refer to helping the students to feel aware with the facilities and be comfortable with services available, with the location of collections, and with the people. It is conducted to all students, especially the freshmen and transferees during the opening of classes.
- Photocopying an entire book, thesis and/or dissertation is NOT allowed. Only thesis and dissertation abstracts may be photocopied.
- Library users are responsible for complying the copyright act and/or intellectual property rights.
- For materials to be photocopied outside the LNU Library, the user should fill out the photocopying form and submit it together with his/her ID to the librarian – in – charge. This is only allowed for Graduate students and when the photocopy service is not available inside the library.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN & REFERRAL SERVICES
- The student is advised to exhaust all LNU LRC resources before going out to other libraries.
- If the resources or materials are not available at LNU LRC, the student is advised to fill out a request form for a referral letter.
- The librarian will issue a referral letter and give instructions and/or advises the student what to do in other libraries.
- The LNU LRC (as of this time) has 24 computer units equipped with internet connection available to all library users.
- “First Come, First Serve” policy will be observed.
- To maximize its utilization and services, library users can avail the internet up to a maximum of one (1) hour only, unless no other users are waiting.
BULLETIN BOARD DISPLAY AND EXHIBITS
- The library makes a complete list of newly acquired materials regularly and have it available to all library users through bulletin boards and pamphlets, and hard copies of such will be given to all academic units of the university.
- Library information will be displayed/posted through bulletin boards for not more than 3 weeks.
Audio – Visual (AV) Lecture Room
- The Audio visual (AV) room is a small room with 45 seating capacity. It is used for a small group session.
- Studentsmay also use the room for group discussion provided that they abide the rules and regulations implemented by the LNU Learning Resource Center.
Library Mini – Auditorium
- The Mini – Auditorium was established primarily to hold special school activities such as faculty/personnel meetings, student teachers’ orientation, seminars and training workshops.
- LNU student organizations, government and non – government agencies are allowed to use the Library Mini – Auditorium provided that they abide the rules and regulations implemented by the LNU Learning Resource Center.