1 ST INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH CONFERENCE
MARCH 9-10, 2018
Organized by LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY
Paterno Street, Tacloban City, Philippines
Managed by the Research and Development Office
Contact #: +63 9394804730/+63 9176507712
CONFERENCE THEME: “Building Global Academic Networks through Research”
The Research and Development Office of Leyte Normal University, in its desire to encourage the faculty, scholars and researchers to present their research findings, will organize the 1ST INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH CONFERENCE which will be held on March 9-10, 2018 at the Leyte Normal University Gymnasium, Tacloban City, Philippines.
The first International Multidisciplinary Research Conference with the theme: “Building Global Academic Networks through Research” aims to bring together researchers from around the world in various disciplines. The objectives of the conference are:
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Provide an avenue for the exchange of ideas and sharing of experiences among academicians, practitioners, and with students with the goal of enhancing research capability in the area of education, linguistics, languages, literature, arts, science, mathematics, information science, technology, hospitality, tourism management, social sciences, communication, and development;
- Provide opportunities for faculty and student researchers to disseminate research outputs on a wide range of academic disciplines; and
- Enable participants to establish networks, and build mutually beneficial collaborations and partnerships with professionals from the ASEAN, other countries, and institutions.
The Research and Development Office (RDO) of Leyte Normal University wishes to invite all researchers, research managers, educators, practitioners, policy makers, and implementers from various public, private, or industrial sectors worldwide to submit their paper abstracts in any but not limited to the following conference tracks:
- Track 1: Education
- Track 2: Linguistics, Languages, Literature, and Arts
- Track 3: Science, Mathematics, and Information Science and Technology
- Track 4: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Track 5: Social Sciences
- Track 6: Communication and Development
CATEGORY EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION REGULAR REGISTRATION PROFESSIONAL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT PROFESSIONAL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT Paper Presenter WITH Book of Abstracts 4,500.00 3,500.00 5,000.00 4,000.00 Paper Presenter WITHOUT Book of Abstracts 4,000.00 3,000.00 4,500.00 3,500.00 Participants ONLY (Non-Presenter) 3,500.00 2,500.00 4,000.00 3,000.00
- Early Bird Registration entitles participant to a discount.
- The registration fees are inclusive of a conference kit, certificate, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, and 4 snacks.
- Only presented papers will be considered for publication in the Sanghiran Multidisciplinary Journal, a refereed journal of Leyte Normal University.
- Authors of papers for publication must commit to revise and conform to the referee/evaluation results that will be generated by the Sanghiran Multidisciplinary Journal Editorial Board.
- Interested parties may send their abstract/s to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +63 9394804730/+63 9176507712 and may contact the Research and Development Office (RDO) for inquiries and confirmation of participation.
The registration fee will be deposited in the bank account of Leyte Normal University under the Interagency Transferred Funds (IATF) as shown in the information below:
Bank: Land Bank of the Philippines
Account Name: Leyte Normal University
Current Account Number: 000182-4006- 53
Branch: Tacloban Branch, Sagkahan District, Tacloban City
SUBMISSION OF RESEARCH ABSTRACT
- Please note that all bank charges must be shouldered by the conference presenter/recipient.
- Cancellation Policy: cancellations will not be eligible for a refund or substitution.
- ACCOMMODATION IS NOT INCLUDED./
- Once payment is made, kindly capture your deposit slip and send to email@example.com for confirmation, with SUBJECT: LNU-RDO 1ST IMRC 2018 REGISTRATION Message Content:
Conference Track Code
Title of Paper
The deadline for submission of abstract is January 31, 2018. Confirmation of accepted abstracts is February 9, 2018. The full paper submission is February 15, 2018. Confirmation of accepted full paper is February 23, 2018. The conference conveners will accept papers in English only. All abstracts for submission must be written in MS Word Format following the prescribed format below.
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION AND POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
- Researchers should have been conducted within the last three (3) years (2015-2017).
- The title of the research should be centered at the top of the page. Format using Tomes New Roman, bold, and font size of 12.
- A subtitle may be included under the title. Also centered, Times New Roman, and font size of 12.
- Name/s of the author/s should be in Times New Roman with font size of 12.
- For researches with more than one (1) author, use subscripts and write the name of the main author first.
- For the first line, place the name of department of the author in Times New Roman, and font size of 10.
- Place the name of the institution/affiliation of the author on the second line in Times new Roman, and font size of 10.
- On the third line, the location of the institution of the author. Format is also in Times new Roman, and font size of 10.
- For researches with more than one author coming from different institutions, use superscripts. The superscript numbers should coincide with the name of the author and the name of the institution.
- Research abstract should be between 150 to 250 words that capture the scope, objectives of the study, the research design and highlights of the results and conclusions. Format is in Times New Roman, and font size of 11.
- Provide maximum of five (5) keywords. Format is in Times New Roman, font size of 10, italicized and indented.
- All abstracts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 31, 2018.
- Researchers with qualified abstracts will be notified and be required to submit the full paper together with the PowerPoint presentation on or before February 23, 2018.
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submit the full paper and PowerPoint presentation ONLY AFTER ACCEPTANCE OF ABSTRACT. This is only for those who will avail of publication.
- Full paper submission should follow the prescribed format.
- PowerPoint presentation is limited to 15 minutes. Please limit your slides to capture and highlight the essential parts of your paper.
- Deadline of submission of full paper together with the PowerPoint presentation is on February 23, 2018.
The following are the guidelines that should be followed strictly by authors:
- Only original, unpublished, and not considered for publication elsewhere will be accepted for presentation.
- The research abstract should have maximum of 200 words and must include maximum seven (7) keywords.
- As for the full research paper, authors should comply with the format – FULL PAPER SUBMISSION TEMPLATE.
Paper Size : 8 ½ x 11 in (letter size)
Top : 1.00”
Left : 1.50”
Bottom : 1.00”
Right : 1.00”
Pages : Maximum of 10 pages
Line spacing : 1.0
Font : Times New Roman
Font Size : refer to FULL PAPER SUBMISSION TEMPLATE.
- For citations and references, APA 6 th edition style must be used.
- The full paper should be submitted via email and must be in MS WORD file.
- All accepted papers will be notified by the organizing committee through email.
Abstract Submission : January 31, 2018
Notification of Accepted Abstracts : February 9, 2018
Submission of Full Paper : February 15, 2018
Confirmation of Accepted Full Paper : February 23, 2018
Early Bird Registration : January 2, 2018 to February 15, 2018
Regular Registration : February 16, 2018 to March 9, 2018
Registration Deadline : March 9, 2018
Parallel Session Final Schedule : March 1, 2018
Conference Date : March 9-10, 2018