The LNU Learning Resource Center College and Graduate School Libraries are open on the following days and hours, except for public holidays. NO NOONBREAK policy will be observed.
MONDAY – FRIDAY 7AM – 6PM SATURDAYS 8AM – 5PM SUNDAYS 8AM – 5PM (every other Sunday only)
ENTRY & DEPARTURE
- Students are required to register at the PLATONIX by typing their ID Number and/or write their names in the logbook.
- The identification card must be worn within the library premises and presented for all transactions in the library.
- Anybody found without a valid ID may be requested to leave the library.
- Anybody caught using the ID of another person to gain entry, to borrow materials, or to avail of other library services may be recommended for disciplinary action by any of the library staff.
- The Head Librarian or any member of the staff has the right to request any person within the library premises to present his/her ID or to confiscate it for violation of library rules.
- Before leaving the library, library users should make sure that they leave behind any materials that has not been properly borrowed.
- Unauthorized taking out of the library materials is a violation of the library’s rules and regulations.
- Only currently enrolled students, faculty, administrators and staff of Leyte Normal University may borrow materials from LNU Learning Resource Center after presenting a valid identification card.
- Library users from outside LNU may borrow books / avail library resources upon presenting a valid ID (PAGE& school ID), or a recommendation letter from their respective librarians or office heads.
- Only books from General Circulation may be borrowed for home use.
- Other materials may only be used within the library.
- The library user is accountable for the materials borrowed / loaned.
- The number of books/materials that may be borrowed and corresponding loan duration are as follows:
NOTE: Fine will be P 1.00 / hour or P 8.00 / day excluding Sundays and holidays.
Type of Material (General Circulation) No. of books / materials Loan Duration Textbooks 2 1 day Novels 2 7 days
- Library users are reminded to maintain silence at all times.
- Any staff is authorized to impose penalty on erring students.
- All library users are expected to observe cleanliness and maintain orderliness in the library premises.
- Minor offenses merit warning, fine, suspension of library privileges, and/or community service within the library.
- Major offenses merit immediate disciplinary action. When caught, the student is immediately referred to the Head Librarian and the Office of the Student Affairs (OSA) for due process and/or disciplinary action after investigation by the library.
MINOR OFFENSES MAJOR OFFENSES Unnecessary noise Smoking inside the library premises Loud conversations All sorts of vandalism Boisterous laughing Watching pornographic images / videos Eating inside the library premises Public display of affection Littering Using another students’ ID to borrow books /
avail of any library resources
Tearing of pages from the book Stealing of book/s Damaged LNU LRC property/ies
PENALTIES AND DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
MINOR OFFENSES MAJOR OFFENSES
The student will be warned not to commit the same offense again. His/her ID number will be recorded and filed for future use. The major offense is immediately referred to the Dean of Student Affairs for due process and disciplinary action after investigation by the library.
Second OffenseThe offense will be referred to the Head Librarian for due process.
Third OffenseThe offense will be referred to the Dean of Student Affairs for due process and disciplinary action after investigation by the library.